AC30 Series General Purpose AC Variable Frequency Drives
Up to 350 Hp, 380 to 480 VAC 3-phase, now configurable with DSE Lite, PDQ or graphical keypad, the AC30 drive has been designed to provide users with
exceptional levels of control, from simple open-loop
pumps and fans through to closed-loop process line
applications. Its flexible and highly modular construction
enables a wide range of communications and I/O
modules to be easily added as required.
The AC30 has been designed with simplicity in mind,
but this doesn’t compromise its functionality. Integrated
macros for a range of applications and PLC functionality
enable more capable users to create sophisticated
control that would previously have required a separate
Designed for operation in environment class 3C3 and
3C4 for Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) as standard (tested
at 25 ppm for 1200 hours), temperatures up to 50 °C
with optional integrated EMC filter to C2 1st environment
and DC link choke to reduce line harmonics. AC30
also complies with RoHS substance restrictions in
accordance with EC Directive 2011/65/EU. Units through
100 HP are marine certified by DNV-GL.
• Open-loop or optional closed-loop operation with
pulse encoder feedback module
• Suitable for operation with AC induction and
Permanent Magnet AC (PMAC) servo motors
• Ethernet TCP/IP as standard
• I/O expansion options
• Support for popular industrial fieldbuses
• Chassis or through-panel mount as standard
• Parker DSE Lite or Parker Drive Quicktool (PDQ)
drive management software tool
• Multi-language graphical keypad
• Quick start wizards
• Terminal covers removable with drive in place
• Conformally coated for harsh environment
protection as standard
• Marine application certified (through 100 HP)
• Isolated power stack cooling with removable fan
The AC30 is a modular product allowing users to select power stack, control module, I/O and communications
modules and accessories to perfectly match the requirements of the application, making it a highly customizable yet
cost effective solution. The three interchangeable control modules provide the basis for the series: the standard AC30V
control module, the AC30P module with a host of advanced connectivity options, and the AC30D module which adds
dual encoder and registration mark system capability.
AC30 Series AC Drive - Engineered for Flexibility, Simplicity and Reliability
- Suitable for operation with AC induction and Permanent Magnet AC (PMAC) servo motors
- Ethernet TCP/IP as standard
- I/O expansion options
- Support for popular industrial fieldbuses
- Chassis or through-panel mount as standard
- Parker Drive Quicktool (PDQ) drive management software tool
- Multi-language graphical keypad
- Quick start wizards
- Terminal covers removable with drive in-place
- Conformally coated for harsh environment protection as standard
- Spring clamp control terminal connections
- Isolated power stack cooling with removable fan
AC30 is supplied complete with many features designed to simplify pump and fan control. In addition to quick setup, dedicated pump and fan macros, there are a number of other features dedicated to energy-saving pump and fan control such as:
Automatic belt breakage detection
Interactive monitoring of the running conditions of a fan allows AC30 to detect a breakage in the drive belt between the fan and motor, stop the motor and indicate an alarm condition.
Catching a spinning load - "fly-catching"
The fan control algorithms enable the AC30 to detect when a fan is free-wheeling and to regain control of it before running it at the commanded speed.
Multiple PID control loops can be programmed to monitor process variables and adjust the speed of the motor accordingly to achieve the required variable setpoint.
Intelligent Pump Profiles
Our advanced intelligent pump control algorithms monitor motor loads and provides users with a number of features designed specifically for pump control applications, such as:
- Pump dry running protection
- Flow detection (low and no-flow)
- Blocked pump detection
Essential services (Fire mode)
Selected via digital input, Fire mode will cause the drive to run continuously at the maximum programmed speed ignoring all other control signals and alarm conditions.
Under constant speed conditions, the motor power waveforms from the drive are optimized to reduce motor energy consumption without compromising performance.
Up to 4 speed and frequency bands can be programmed in the AC30, to enable resonant points on the fan to be avoided, reducing vibration, wear and noise.
Timed Run Function
10 daily start/stop events can be programmed with different running speeds across a 7 day period. This function requires the optional Real Time Clock (RTC) module and is ideally suited to applications where regular operating patterns or periods of activity need to be accommodated such as in a production environment.
Multiple hours-run timers can be programmed to generate text alerts on the drive keypad to coincide with process maintenance intervals.